The International Factoring Association
The International Factoring Association’s (IFA) goal is to assist the Factoring community by providing information, training, purchasing power and a resource for the Factoring community.
Founded in 1999, the International Factoring Association provides a way for Commercial Factors to get together and discuss a variety of issues and concerns in the industry. By working together, Commercial Factors have an easy way to disseminate information and have a single voice in the marketplace. Association members also have group buying power in negotiating for goods and services.
Charter Capital is a member, in good standing, of the International Factoring Association.
IFA Code of Ethics
- Members will aspire to the highest level of professional ethics, as generally expected by the business community.
- Members will aspire to the highest level of industry competence through continued education, and by sharing ideas and experiences with other IFA members.
- Members shall be honest and thorough in all business dealings, including dealings with clients, client’s customers, lenders, and others in our industry.
- Members shall utilize and maintain accurate accounting systems to track each client’s transactions.
- Members shall treat all client information as confidential. This information shall not be disclosed to any person or entity, other than at the client’s direction or by court order.
- Members will facilitate the move from one factor to another, should a client wish to make a change.
- Members shall abide by all local, state, and federal laws.
- No member shall engage in any activity constituting or leading up to a conflict of interest.
- Members shall treat all persons fairly and equally, regardless of race, religion, gender, disability, age or national origin.
- Members shall assist one another in all industry aspects, except for proprietary information. Members shall not use or take advantage of information which may have been obtained in the process.
- Members shall subscribe to truth in advertising standards.
- Members shall strive to promote the International Factoring Association and its goals and objectives, as well as the commercial finance industry as a whole, through educational venues, public relations opportunities, and member advertising media.
- Members shall communicate non-confidential information relating another members violation of this Code of Ethics to the IFA Board of Directors. In the event of such a violation, the member will be required to change their behavior.
The IFA is located in San Luis Obispo, California, and may be found on the web at: www.factoring.org